[coreboot] On loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Apr 26 20:10:02 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM, li guang <lig.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > Am Donnerstag, den 25.04.2013, 11:59 +0800 schrieb li guang:
> >
> > > do we have plan to add loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH support?
> >
> > There is no plan that I know of.
> >
> > > It seems no person from loongson contribute to this,
> > > and can I try to make some efforts on this topic?
> >
> > I guess people contributing stuff are always welcome. Though I have no
> > experience with loongson and MIPS, so I cannot comment how feasible this
> > is.
>
> OK.
> So, firstly, I will try to add loongson 2E support.

Great! As you may be aware, we have recently added ARMv7 support which you
might want to use as an example. The architecture code is in
src/arch/armv7, the CPU code is in
src/cpu/samsung/{exynos5250,exynos5-common}, and the first ARM motherboard
target is in src/mainboard/google/snow.

The ARM stuff is still under active development, and we are still making
changes to code that was imported from another codebase (u-boot). But
overall it works and we are able to load a payload and boot Linux.

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.