[coreboot] Boot flow flexibility changes

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Thu Apr 25 23:04:02 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The timer scheduler for hardware init scares me a bit... but I'd like
> to see an implementation.

It's similar to the boot state callbacks. There is a free running
timer. One can say run this in 10milliseconds. In 10 milliseconds (or
after) the callback will be called. The timer callbacks would be
evaluated between boot state transitions. Stand by on the
implementation.

Fwiw, the free running timer is the hard part because we aren't
talking about an interrupt but a polling method. Therefore we need to
somehow ensure the longest period between polls is not sufficiently
long (1/2 the global timer period) to not detect a roll over.