[coreboot] Add support for Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

XoD xoddark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:45:38 CET 2012

Hello,

I have a pc with a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI
motherboard<http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1928#sp>and
I would like tu use coreboot with her.

This motherboard is designed to support AMD processor on a Sokect 939.

Chipset :

   1. NVIDIA nForce4 SLI MCPs (media and communication processors) : NVIDIA
   CK804
   2. Super I/O: ITE IT8712 chip
   3. Integrated peripherals
      - CICADA8201 Gigabit LAN PHY chip
      - Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec

This card seems to be similard to the already supported Asus A8N-SLI.
The major difference than I have noticed is the presence of an integreted
LAN controller in the Gigabyte motherboard and not on the Asus motherboard.

As the chispet and Super I/O seems to be already supported, there is a risk
that is impossible to start the system once flashed with coreboot ?
Is it essential to have tools (like hot top flash) to have the possibility
to restore the system ?
And where I can buy one of this tools (It's not indicate on the page
http://www.coreboot.org/Developer_Manual/Tools#Top_Hat_Flash).
PLCC sokets are not hard to find, but plcc bios override system are more
difficult to find.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for my aproximative english.