[coreboot] [AMD] Persimmon

martin.meng at mic.com.tw martin.meng at mic.com.tw
Fri May 25 04:36:28 CEST 2012

Hello Zheng,

>Are you test on persimmon or other board which is quite close it?
Yes, I have tested AMD Union Station on non persimmon MB, and it will hang 0x39.
This MB is not Union Station, it just quite close it.
So I guess these differences make it hang.
Then I get persimmon MB from AMD, I think this MB are all the same with coreboot support MBs
and it could boot normally, but it not ...
I found this persimmon MB is RevA, I am not sure it is a problem or not.

Finally, I use oscilloscope to check LPC signal and nothing found.

It is amazing that no LPC or PCI debug card signal, I don't know where it stop?

I guess, just guess, have you checked the input clkin in F81865? It has two options, 48MHz or 24MHz.
You should set in superio register based on the actual input clock freq.
>>  I check source code, I do not found any options about 48MHz or 24MHz, I do not try it.

Thanks for your help,
Martin

Are you test on persimmon or other board which is quite close it?

I guess, just guess, have you checked the input clkin in F81865? It has two options, 48MHz or 24MHz.
You should set in superio register based on the actual input clock freq.

Zheng (Joe)