[coreboot] Support of the MS-7091 mainboard

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri May 18 23:55:51 CEST 2012

Hello Paul,

Paul Du wrote:
> I would like to know if my motherboard is or could be supported by
> coreboot. Thanks :)

> Intel Corporation 82915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GL Memory Controller Hub

It's not supported. I don't believe there is much documentation for
the 915 chipset, and the platform is quite old. Experience has shown
that a skilled developer will spend at least one year on reverse
engineering and re-engineering the code required to initialize an
unsupported and undocumented chipset, assuming that various
electronic engineering tools are readily available.

It can be fun if you are in need of a new project.

//Peter