[coreboot] bluetooth on Thinkpad X60s

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:24:00 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 20:13, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de> wrote:
> Am Di 01 Mai 2012 20:24:10 CEST schrieb Motiejus Jakštys:
>> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 16:18, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de> wrote:
>> Do I understand it correctly that you have just sent a valid patch
>> which could be included?
> Not a patch. But close.
>
> I have no way to test it. I also don't know if "bluetooth enabled by
> default" is the way to go on that system.
> With all that covered, a patch could be made and uploaded to
> review.coreboot.org.

I am very new to coreboot (basically a linux user with some C
knowledge). With some help I would gladly code something "proper".

1) In original BIOS it is possible to turn on/off bluetooth (and
device is not seen by OS). Factory settings have it on.
2) The only way to disable bluetooth device now is modifying coreboot
source code. There should be a better way. Compile-time configuration
(via make menuconfig) would be feasible and doable for me. However,
any better suggestions? It would be *perfect*, if it was possible to
toggle it at runtime. How could I figure out if it is possible?

Pointers appreciated.

--
Motiejus Jakštys