[coreboot] Badheaders from gerrit? (was Re: New patch to review for coreboot: c81993b Makefile: rename romstage linking filenames)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Mar 26 21:31:51 CEST 2012

Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> I just received this in my wrong inbox and after going through the mail
> headers I found why:

> 	From: Ky\303\266sti M\303\244lkki (k[...]
>
> Is this something wrong in gerrit's setup and can it be fixed?

It has nothing to do with setup. Gerrit is built by US developers who
obviously don't bother with other countries/other encodings.

Please send a patch to gerrit so that it will do correct header
encoding according to RFC 2822, and while you are at it please also
patch it to set the content-transfer-encoding header correctly in
outgoing emails.

Many thanks!

//Peter