[coreboot] Can we push using http user/password authentication

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sat Mar 24 15:31:19 CET 2012

Am 23.03.2012 11:27, schrieb Bao, Zheng:
> Hi,
> Actually, I have done all the settings, including http password.
> After I run git push, it says,
>
> Counting objects: 5, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 480 bytes, done.
> Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
>
> That is all. No error report. But I think it need says more:
>
> To http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot.git
>   * [new branch]  HEAD -> refs/for/master
>
> Any settings I missed?
It looks good. Maybe you already pushed exactly that change (via ssh)
before? gerrit (and git in general) only cares for new commit ids.

I just pushed via http successfully. Relevant configuration (for me)
follows. The http user ("patrick") and password ("ABCDE") are taken from
my gerrit settings.

[patrick at office coreboot]$ git remote -v
origin	http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot.git (fetch)
origin	http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot.git (push)

[patrick at office coreboot]$ cat ~/.netrc
machine review.coreboot.org login patrick password ABCDE

Patrick