[coreboot] Fwd: kindly requesting to assign work on coreboot

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 15 15:40:02 CET 2012

Dear Manasa,

welcome and thank you very much for your interest in coreboot. I guess
your request is related to the Google Summer of Code program [2]?

First of all, please read the netiquette [1] to learn best practice for
list communication (mailing list, no HTML messages, interleaved
quoting).

Am Donnerstag, den 15.03.2012, 16:46 +0430 schrieb manasa gv:

[…]

>             I am Manasa, a graduate engineer intersted to work on
> coreboot..I have gone through the coreboot website, flashrom,supported
> mother boards,chipsets,bios savior and all those things.and also  gone
> through opencompute.org site to understand regarding mother board and bus
> architecture..am  new and  interested to work on coreboot..so please assign
> some work related to coreboot..

There are several project proposals in the Wiki [3]. Best for you would
be to pick an area which interests you and start playing around to get
to know the code base. Do you already have coreboot running with Qemu?

If you are undecided, you could do some patch review on Gerrit.
Especially patches

    707, 606, 454, 644, 604, 607, 641, 643, 686

need testing and review. The following ones too.

    709, 710 and 711

I would also very much like to see a payload like coreinfo letting you
change certain system setting like people are used to from a BIOS.

Thanks and I am looking forward to your contributions,

Paul

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/GSoC
[3] http://www.coreboot.org/Project_Ideas