[coreboot] RFC: automatic mptable creation

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Mon Jun 25 18:53:43 CEST 2012

Am 25.06.2012 17:50, schrieb ron minnich:
> Hence, people's thinking move to MP auto generation from ACPI.
And nothing like that ever happened (I think that's good).

> I'm wondering if we want more effort going into MP tables when
> they're basically obsolete?
MP tables are a relatively easy problem. The next step could be reusing
the data for PIR (and extending the devicetree model where necessary).

Once our devicetree is suitable for these two, it should also be good
enough for ACPI. That's one thing less to worry about when extending
acpigen.

> Or does the hardware somehow require it?
Hardware doesn't require it, but some software is happier when having
meaningful legacy tables.

Patrick