[coreboot] Future Supported Chipsets

x414e54 x414e54 at linux.com
Sat Jun 23 18:41:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am needing to upgrade my computers, they are used for 3d modelling, so
require some fairly high end specs. However I am wanting to make sure that
they are possibly future proof for coreboot. I am looking at the AMD 990FX
chipset for example Sapphire PURE Black. Do you know if there will be any
support from AMD with regards to these, or if there will be any effort put
into a specific motherboard of this generation? If it is 3/5 years time
from now then this is fine. Any advice would be great.

Thanks