[coreboot] ASUS M4A79XTD EVO - AMD RD790

Christopher West chris.pn.west at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:45:20 CEST 2012

That's good news, thanks Marc.

I'll elaborate on what I've done so far then.

I have a second flash chip which I'm using for coreboot and hot swapping
on the motherboard for programming and running.

I've tested builds of a few different Asus boards and found the m4a78-em
does slightly more than the others which is not much, it doesn't boot
and has no serial coms.

Using the m4a78-em as a starting point, I have done the following;

  Modified the devicetree.cb file using information from lspci and lshw.
  Update the Kconfig for the different socket and memory.
  Constructed the IRQ table using getpir.
  Cloned the superio chip ITE it8718f to the it8720f.

This all successfully builds and programs.

So when I try and boot coreboot the machine does nothing and no info
gets sent across the serial console.

This is where I've ground to a halt, I would appreciate some advice on
what can I do next?

Thanks,
Chris