[coreboot] Help needed on VX900 port

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:58:32 CEST 2012

I have been working on a VIA VX900 port for over a year. Main problem is, I can't
get the memory running properly.

If you have a VX900 board, I would definitely appreciate some help. The datasheet
for the VX900 is available from http://linux.via.com.tw/. I also have some code
provided by VIA, which unfortunately, is missing lots of #define, and lookup
tables, so it's not a plug in solution, but has been a useful resource in
correcting many problems with my code.

If you are interested, I can provide my branch of the code, and the code provided
by VIA (which was given to me under GPLv2). I cannot provide any documentation,
other than the comments I have made in the code, sorry.

So far I've got CAR working. This is actually just the CAR code from the VIA C7,
but it plays nicely with the VIA Nano.
Serial console is working on my EPIA M-850, and of course, so is the SMBUS.

I've got the memory init code running up to the point that some memory banks (bank
= chip_on_the_dimm) are returning correct data, and some, just garbage.

I ran out of ideas last night, and I could definitely use a fresh perspective. If
anyone is interested in the VX900, please let me know.

Alex