[coreboot] [ltp] Re: [Thinkpad] Free T60

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 03:24:10 CEST 2012

2012/7/8 Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:
> Idwer Vollering wrote:
>> I have a X60 (1707-CTO / 1707YAU) that won't boot Linux (it
>> segfaults while booting either a 32- or 64-bit kernel/distribution)
>> at all, with ACPI enabled.
>
> What does the failed boot look like? Maybe you could try netconsole
> or at least take a photo of the screen from the crash?

netconsole won't - afaik - work because IP (UDP) isn't
functional/loaded at the time of the crash..
maxcpus=1 nor possible_cpus=1 doesn't improve the situation, last time
I checked booting pauses at MMCONFIG, then there's the segfault with
lines that contain hrtimer_run_queues, apic_timer_interrupt,
pci_mmcfg_arch_init, pcibios_resource_survey, pci_arch_init. I'll take
a photo soon.