[coreboot] Looking for Sun W1100z/2100z coreboot support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jul 3 01:35:13 CEST 2012

Dan Connelly wrote:
> I have decided to put coreboot and linux loader into the existing
> ROM (with reasonable effort).
> Or, perhaps onto a spare chip for the ROM socket.

Yes, using spare chip is the good way.

Depending on your definition of reasonable the project can succeed.

If you have zero experience with PC firmware you have a lot of
reading to do.

You have three mainboards to look at which are all for k8 with 8151.

$ grep 8151 src/mainboard/*/*/Kconfig
src/mainboard/amd/serengeti_cheetah/Kconfig:    select SOUTHBRIDGE_AMD_AMD8151
src/mainboard/tyan/s2875/Kconfig:       select SOUTHBRIDGE_AMD_AMD8151
src/mainboard/tyan/s2885/Kconfig:       select SOUTHBRIDGE_AMD_AMD8151
$

> my guess is that a coreboot configuration should be fairly
> straight-forward (I for a coreboot insider).

Basicaly noone but yourself has an interest in this system, so you
are on your own for doing the work. But when you ask questions along
the way you can get some very good answers from the mailing list.

//Peter