[coreboot] [ltp] Re: [Thinkpad] Free T60

Sven Schnelle svens at stackframe.org
Mon Jul 2 15:07:51 CEST 2012

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> writes:

> [adding coreboot mailing list to CC]
>
> Am 29.06.2012 16:49 schrieb Stefan Monnier:
>>> You do know that all Thinkpad T60/X60 can replace the BIOS with coreboot?
>> No, I didn't, that would be wonderful news.
>> I see a few mentions of T60 support when googling for it, but nothing
>> sufficiently clear to make me confident I would know how to flash it and
>> I'd be able to assess whether I'm flashing the right firmware.
>
> Admittedly the information about coreboot on a T60/X60 is spread around
> quite a bit:
> http://www.coreboot.org/Thinkpad_X60s has some status info
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2012-January/067959.html has
> some info on how to replace the BIOS on that machine with coreboot, but
> read the WHOLE thread because the linked mail had a few typos in the
> description.
>

>> Any pointers to information about it would be very welcome (e.g. which
>> T60 are "supported" or at least expected to work?
>
> AFAIK all T60/X60 variants work with coreboot. Sven Schnelle knows more,
> he is the one who ported coreboot to those thinkpads.

I have the following thinkpad models running on coreboot:

Thinkpad X60s (Model 1702-24U)
Thinkpad X60  (actually only the Mainboard without case/display for
               debugging: Model 1703)
Thinkpad T60p (Model 2007-CTO)

There are also a few other users with a X60/T60, but i don't know exact
details about the model type they use. I think i've also seen Model
1708/1709 X60's running coreboot.

Sven.