[coreboot] Issue with CIMX/SB800 PCIe Port Initialization

Wolfgang Kamp - datakamp wmkamp at datakamp.de
Mon Jan 16 18:18:32 CET 2012

Hello,

I found a problem with the PCI enumeration of the PCIe Ports in the CIMX/SB800 Southbridge for the INAGUA platform.
The .../southbridge/amd/cimx/sb800/late.c routine calls the function sb_Before_PCI_Init after
case (0x16 >>3) | 2. This means when the PCI Express ports (0x15 <<3) | 0 are probed in the routine ../devices/pci_device.c function
pci_probe_dev they are not yet initialized. The probing fails and also devices behind the bridge are not recognized.
Behind the PCIe bridge I have an Intel 82574 LAN chip.
But if I move the call to sb_Before_PCI_Init behind case  (0x15 <<3) | 0 the enumeration succeed but coreboot crashes later into nothing. The Sage Debugger fails.
I can't imagine why.

Marc have you any idea?

Regards

Wolfgang