[coreboot] Which MSR disables hyperthreading (all non-BSP/AP cores)?

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:19:22 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 17:33 +0100, Idwer Vollering wrote:
> Or: how to start a multicore (hyperthreading) processor as if it were
> a singlecore (non-hyperthreading) processor.

To my knowledge, there is no such MSR for P4 Hyper-Threaded CPUs using
the NetBurst Architecture. So SerialICE may need a patch for
hyper-threaded CPUs to enable Cache-As-Ram, like coreboot does.

You've seen my cache-as-ram code with SIPIs for model f25 (P4 Xeon on
socket 604), to enable cache on HT-enabled CPU.

>From your responses (on e-mail) so far, I cannot determine where (if) it
stops with P4 models f29 and f49 on socket 478 (?). You have actual POST
code PCI device, make wise use of it.

Thanks,
KM