[coreboot] New patch to review for coreboot: f299de3 Fix MTRR TOM2 WB cache setup for AMD CPUs > revF.

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:28:15 CET 2012

Hi Denis,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
<GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:
> hi,
> I've tried this patch, here's what it produce as log:
> From the linux kernel:
> [    0.452071] ACPI Error: [TOM2] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
> (20110112/psargs-359)
> [    0.480085] ACPI Error: [TOM2] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
> (20110112/psargs-359)
> [    0.788222] ACPI Error: [TOM2] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
> (20110112/psargs-359)

This is a problem in the ACPI SSDT tables and not directly related to
this change. Take a look at this change for a solution for your
mainboard. http://review.coreboot.org/#change,574

> And:
> [    0.308271] mtrr: your CPUs had inconsistent variable MTRR settings
> [    0.308272] mtrr: probably your BIOS does not setup all CPUs.
> [    0.308273] mtrr: corrected configuration.

Yes, we let linux fix it up. i don't think that the AP cores are
setup, only core0 is. This saves time and effort in coreboot. Let the
OS do what it is going to do anyway.

> And I think my CPU is covered by your patch:
> CPU is Fam 0Fh rev.F or later, using TOM2WB instead of MTRR above 4GB

The message is a little deceiving. It takes the TOM2WB path, but you
don't seem to have enough memory to cause the condition for TOM2WB to
be required. It requires are least 4GB and I only see 2GB your output.
I will adjust the message to be more accurate.

> Also, without pci=nocrs Xorg don't initialize.

This is probably IRQ routing in the APCI tables. See the above patch.
Note that this is specific to each mainboard. You will need to
implement your own version.

> I've attached the full log(compressed with xz)

I see this in the log:

microcode: equivalent rev id  = 0x1062, current patch id = 0x00000000
microcode: rev id (1081) does not match this patch.
microcode: Not updated! Fix microcode_updates[]

You should fix this up. See the table in
src/cpu/amd/model_10xxx/update_microcode.c and update your mainboard
Kconfig with the correct microcode file.

> Thanks a lot for working on this.

You are welcome. Thanks for testing it.

Marc

--