[coreboot] How to port core boot

ali hagigat hagigatali at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:42:05 CET 2012

Peter, It is an easy answer to say that RAM is not initialized
correctly! While I am pretty sure that RAM is OK, I have an assembly
language which can verify that.

Peter, you do not make the problem clear. The problem is that the
registers of RAM controller are initialized with some correct values,
but the Intel board had 82810 as its GMCH.

My GMCH is 82815. I guess Coreboot at some point extracts some
information from the config registers of GMCH and sets some variables
and this is exactly the point which the problem occurs.

I do not have enough information about the source code of Coreboot but
logically where Coreboot is specifying the top of memory? Coreboot
needs to know the size of memory, right? Where it is specified?

Does my words make sense?

Regards