[coreboot] I can not add FILO as a payload

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Feb 7 15:15:21 CET 2012

ali hagigat wrote:
> cd payloads/libpayload/
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/libpayload> make defconfig
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/libpayload> make
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/libpayload> make DESTDIR=../filo/build install
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/libpayload> cd ../filo
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/filo> make menuconfig

So far so good.

> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/filo> make
..
>   CC      build/fs/cbfs.o
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/filo/fs/cbfs.c:113:20: error: conflicting types for 'cbfs_find_file'
> /root/bios/coreboot/payloads/filo/build/libpayload/include/cbfs_core.h:175:7: note: previous declaration of 'cbfs_find_file' was here
> make: *** [/root/bios/coreboot/payloads/filo/build/fs/cbfs.o] Error 1

..
> What caused the problem then?

Look more closely at the error message. It is actually a very clear
error message. Then you look at the source code pointed to by the
error message.

This process is the *very first* problem resolution process that
*every* programmer in this world encounters. It is amazing that you
seem to not know it. :\

FILO is probably not quite up to date with the latest libpayload API,
so you now have an opportunity to fix this and make FILO better for
everyone.

//Peter