[coreboot] new to list

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 20:52:23 CET 2012

Hi Stuart,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Stuart Stevenson <stustev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gentlemen,
> I am new to this list.
> I am looking for a fast boot setup for Linux.
> My search leads me to think/hope coreboot has the flexibility to support a
> very fast boot time eg 1 to 3 seconds.
>
> I would like more information than what my searches give me. I you would
> be able to point me to further information I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> thank you
> Stuart

Welcome to coreboot!

What are your searches? I don't know fully what you need.

Do you own a desktop PC or laptop? The type of machine can make a big
difference.

Coreboot can give you that very fast boot time. But it can also be
frustrating if the device isn't supported, so please take a look at for
example http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards

Regards,
David