No subject

Sun Dec 9 17:34:17 CET 2012

=============
also, i discovered something new today:

"... decided to link everything dynamically. To enforce this (allmost)
all static libraries are removed (or not even build)..."

$ gcc t.c -static
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> -implement the needed functions ourselves (copied from libgcc)

I vote for this one. Every time we count on stable (or even sane)
behavior from all linux distros or gnu toolchain, we get burned. I
think we need to be as standalone as possible.

There are, what, four functions at issue?

What really amazes me is that with all the inlining that is done
nowadays, these trivial functions are not inlined!

ron