[coreboot] Instructions for flashing Lenovo X60/T60

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Tue Aug 7 23:23:37 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo T60 that I would like to flash with coreboot.
Unfortunately, the instructions for flashing it are spread over two
mailing list threads, are somewhat unwieldy, and are also incomplete.
From what I understand, the poor state of the instructions are the
primary cause of Idwer bricking his X60 while trying to flash coreboot.

I would like to avoid bricking my T60.  To that end, I've created this
page on the wiki:

  http://www.coreboot.org/Lenovo_x60x

I've cobbled together the instructions as best I can.  There are a
number of outstanding questions, present on the page in capital letters,
enclosed in square brackets and set in italics.

I would appreciate it if members of the community would review these
instructions and either update the wiki or provide me with appropriate
corrections so that I might do it.  The purpose being, not only to help
me flash my T60 but to record the information in a useful and clear
manner so that others can flash their Lenovo laptops.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>