[coreboot] blobs

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Thu Apr 19 14:50:31 CEST 2012

On Thu 19/04/12 00:35 , Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM, ron minnich  wrote:
> > Please find here:
> > ssh://review.coreboot.org:29418/blobs.git
> >
> > blobs needed for the two google systems.
> >
> > I will be removing the blob from the coreboot tree today.
> >
> > I hope this helps bring the discussion to a close :-)
> >
> > ron

Yes, thanks for removing the blob, Mr. Minnich.
I wanted to say it before but didn't want to continue the thread you asked to end.
So I just hiked here.

> Hi Ron,
>
> We should probably have some best practices about the blobs. It would
> be good if there was a text file to accompany a blob that had
> important details. Where is came from, what it is for, license, etc.
>
> Also, we should talk about how this gets pulled in with the coreboot
> tree. Should/could the coreboot make/kconfig pull in the blobs repo?
> Should we use git submodules or subtree merge? Any git expert
> comments?

Excuse me for not participating. I don't see how supporting so restricted
hardware as Mr Georgi explained (thanks for the explanation) can be
desirable. He's right those chips are not for me, but I being me I don't
find myself so extraordinary and think they're not for anyone (a computer
that is able to check public key signatures before it is able to access its own
RAM is not a computer, it's a trap), so my best help here will be getting myself
out of the way. Less severe cases are not interesting enough for me either,
so I'm sure you'll welcome my silence.