[coreboot] coreboot/Flashrom: Sponsor needed for promotion for LinuxTag or any other IT fair, trade show, conference

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Apr 17 10:23:45 CEST 2012

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Where the flash chips are given away, at the coreboot or
> Flashrom booth or at the sponsor’s booth does not matter
> much.

Note there will not be a flashrom booth at LinuxTag this year. We'll
of course try to answer flashrom questions in the coreboot booth as
best we can! :)

Carl-Daniel mentioned that he will be at LinuxTag, but busy in
another booth, so we can always get in touch with him if there are
some special questions.

> I have not much of a clue, but I guess the flash chip should have DIP8
> form factor and support the SPI protocol. The size should be 16 or 32
> Mb MBit.

SPI DIP 16-32 Mbit is a meaningful target. Some ordering codes to
choose from:

AMIC A25L032-F
AMIC A25L032-UF
Macronix MX25L3205DPI-12G
Winbond W25Q32BVDAIG
Winbond W25Q32BVDAIP

The first one is in stock at Newark/Farnell, but only in smaller
quantity. See below.

> 500 or 1000 chip should be a reasonable amount to get.

That's a lot of flash chips. If the distributor MOQ is 300 then that
would also be a very welcome contribution.

I recommend buying from a higher tier sales channel than
Newark/Farnell/Mouser/Digi-Key because of cost and because this
order is likely to reach MOQ. I'm happy to help find the most
appropriate sales channel for anyone interested in contributing to
the project in this way.

> Besides good press coverage and improved reputation

It would of course also buy prominent exposure on printed material
accompanying the flash chips.

//Peter