[coreboot] Patch merged into coreboot/master: c35c461 Invalidate cache before first jump

Tom Sylla tsylla at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 6 20:35:12 CEST 2012

I'm not sure why it would be breaking anything, but it just doesn't
make sense. From Volume 3:
"Because all internal cache lines are invalid following reset
initialization, it is not necessary to invalidate the cache before
enabling caching."
It is pretty weird, I downloaded one random Sandybridge ROM image from
ECS, and I did not see the WBINVD before the far jmp.

Also, caches *should* remain valid after INIT, but this change will
invalidate them unconditionally (unless INIT follows a different path
in coreboot)

Tom