[coreboot] DL145 G1 with dual dualcore CPU using coreboot ?

Oskar Enoksson enok at lysator.liu.se
Thu Sep 22 12:53:01 CEST 2011

On 08/20/2010 10:39 PM, Myles Watson wrote:
>> Attached is a cleaned-up patch. Thanks to Myles and others for excellent
>> help and support. I hope someone finds the result useful.
> Rev 5723.
>
> Thanks for contributing!
> Myles
Hi. One year after contributing the port to HP DL145 G1 motherboard code
I decided to see if I could improve it a little. However, now I can't
make it work. I still have my compiled rom image from August 2010 (and
it works fine) but when I try to compile a new image I get all kinds of
problems.

Checking out and compiling the latest git-version of coreboot yields no
output whatsoever on the serial console. Something is definitely very
broken and there is no clue.

Checking out the version just after my commit 2010-08-20 compiles and
seems to boot, but depending on how much debugging messages I choose in
"make menuconfig" I get different problems such as just one of my two
CPU's initializing, or just strange lockups. In general more debugging
messages makes it more stable.

Since I believe I tried exactly the same sourcecode as I did
successfully use one year ago I suspect something changed in my
toolchain. I now use gcc 4.5.1 and binutils 2.21. I think I used an
older version last year.

Question1: is there any known version of gcc/binutils that is known to
work well with coreboot?
Question2: is there any known revision of coreboot after 2010-08-20 that
is known to work well on amdk8 platforms?

Thanks!
/Oskar