[coreboot] "No valid softstrap base found." hang?

Alp Eren Köse alperenkose at buyutech.com.tr
Wed Oct 26 15:42:44 CEST 2011

Hi, thanks!
Now 2 strange things happen for both suggestions:
2011/10/26 Kyösti Mälkki <kyosti.malkki at gmail.com>

> reg32 = sch_port_access_read(4, 0x71, 2);
> reg32 &= 0x700;
> reg32 = reg32 >> 7;
>
> Probably should read:
>  reg32 &= 0x700;
>  reg32 = reg32 >> 8;

 ------------ Serial output ------------

US15W Chipset

Unknown (07)Setting up ACPI PM1 block Setting up ACPI P block done.

Setting up RAM controller.
READ BASE_ADDR=fffc0000

Setting up RAM

Setting up RAM

Setting up RAM
-- continuously prints "Setting up RAM" line..

Ok I get passed the "Setting up RAM controller." now, but stuck now in
"Setting up RAM" as can be seen above I print the detected softstrap base,
and it says fffc0000.

> or (not so likely)
>  reg32 &= 0x380;
>  reg32 = reg32 >> 7;

And for this the same happens with fffe0000 address detected as softstrap
base?

------------ Serial output ------------

US15W Chipset

Unknown (07)Setting up ACPI PM1 block Setting up ACPI P block done.

Setting up RAM controller.
READ BASE_ADDR=fffe0000

Setting up RAM

Setting up RAM

Setting up RAM
-- continuously prints "Setting up RAM" line..

I didn't get what's going on. So which one is correct to use? But both are
stuck at "Setting up RAM" line..
Thanks in advance,
Alp