[coreboot] "No valid softstrap base found." hang?

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:28:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 12:35 +0300, Alp Eren Köse wrote:
> No one has an idea about the issue? I really need help on this, cause
> I am stuck here.
> I am not experienced on such stuff unfortunately:S
> I would be grateful if someone could at least point some way.
> Thanks in advance,
> Alp

>         No valid softstrap base found.

In northbridge/intel/sch/raminit.c, detect_softstrap_base()

reg32 = sch_port_access_read(4, 0x71, 2);
reg32 &= 0x700;
reg32 = reg32 >> 7;

Probably should read:
  reg32 &= 0x700;
  reg32 = reg32 >> 8;

or (not so likely)
  reg32 &= 0x380;
  reg32 = reg32 >> 7;

Otherwise it's pointless to test for 7 and 5.

Makes me wonder how it has ever worked for anyone.

KM