[coreboot] How to make "System Restart after Power Fail" working onSB800?

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sat Oct 15 19:24:45 CEST 2011

mopz0506 wrote:

]Hi,
]
]My mainboard is ASRock E350M1, it's sourthbridge is AMD SB800.
]
]I want the machine to restart once I connect the power cable to
]it, without press the POWER button on the front panel.
]...

I worked on a similar problem a wile back, though I don't
remember if it was with ASRock E350M1 or something else.
Anyway, I finally came to the conclusion that my board used
the SIO for this function, and not the SB800. I think I used the
OEM BIOS and compared SIO registers with both settings. It might
be logical device A, CR E4h bits 5 and 6, though I don't have
the exact datasheet.

Thanks,
Scott