[coreboot] Coreboot on Axiomtek PICO821

Alp Eren Köse alperenkose at buyutech.com.tr
Fri Oct 7 10:07:18 CEST 2011

> 1. Make sure you can recover from a bad image (extra flash chip with
> the original BIOS)

Ok, I have got a spare rom which is a "SST SST49LF008A" (1024 KB, FWH) with
the original bios, but i don't have an external programmer to flash if the
first one is bricked..

> 2. Make sure you can get serial output

I believe I can do it, the board has an RS232 port, so I guess i need a null
modem cable to connect it to the computer..

> 3. Choose the most similar supported motherboard

I guess it is the iWave iW-RainboW-G6 as Idwer Vollering suggested..

> 4. Change the code to support your board

Well this is a little problem, I don't know exactly where and what to change
in the code,
I believe i need to make a copy of src/mainboard/iwave/iWRainbowG6 and
modify files to fit it my mainboard..
I have some C knowledge, but I would really need help, and some people to
show me the way what and where to change in the code at least to make it
work?

> 5. Try it
> 6. Iterate on 4&5 until you're happy with it
> 7. Send a patch

I would for sure send a patch if I can make it work :)
Btw the CPU and the southbridge/northbridge matches with the Rainbow-G6, but
I don't know about the SuperIO of it, there is just a "-" in the list of
supported motherboards for superIO of Rainbow-G6..

Thanks in advance,
Alp