[coreboot] amd_model_fxx_generate_powernow with dual-socket dual-core K8 system just handles first CPU(?)

Oskar Enoksson enok at lysator.liu.se
Thu Oct 6 00:05:50 CEST 2011

I'm trying to make Cool'n'Quiet working on DL145G1 (dual-socket 940-pin
K8 processors) but I just get FID/VID changes on one of the CPU's (under
Linux 2.6.37).

Problem seems to be that amd_model_fxx_generate_powernow just generates
two "Processor" objects in SSDT. I think there should be one for each core.

If I add a factor 2 on row cpu/amd/model_fxx/powernow_acpi.c I get four
Processor objects in my SSDT and everything works:

-    for (index = 0; index < cmp_cap + 1; index++) {
+    for (index = 0; index < 2*(cmp_cap + 1); index++) {
         len += write_pstates_for_core(Pstate_num, Pstate_feq, Pstate_vid

cmp_cap is correctly detected further up as 1 or 0 depending on the
dual-core-capability (of the first CPU).

Shouldn't there be a loop over all processor sockets around all this?