[coreboot] AMD root_complex usage

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:57:37 CET 2011

Hi

Could someone explain the need for five (5) different versions of
root_complex, which appears to be just a logical container with
no real hw to control?

 northbridge/amd/amdfam10/root_complex
 northbridge/amd/agesa/family14/root_complex
 northbridge/amd/agesa/family12/root_complex
 northbridge/amd/agesa/family10/root_complex
 northbridge/amd/amdk8/root_complex

Could you not have just one drivers/generic/root_complex?

In my opinion, the current devicetree.cb practice of placing
the "chip northbridge/x/x" line outside the pci_domain is mis-leading on
boards without the root_complex.

Looking at the amd/persimmon I was also confused about the multiple
instances of the "chip northbridge/amd/agesa/family14" line.

Thanks,
Kyösti