[coreboot] Persimmon LAN problem with coreboot

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:23:31 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:36 AM, Wolfgang Kamp - datakamp
<wmkamp at datakamp.de> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>

> I encountered a problem with the onboard LAN of the Persimmon mainboard in
> UBUNTU.
>
> The cable connection will not be recognized. The problem exists with the
> actual coreboot version from GIT.
>
> If I try the coreboot which comes with sage electronic EDK 1.06 this problem
> does not exist.
>
> What is the difference between this versions? What could be the problem?

The coreboot in the Sage EDK is several months behind coreboot.org.
There shouldn't be any major differences in the coreboot code, just
some additions for working in the EDK environment. You can check the
history log to see the changes. I don't know what the problem is. You
could do a git bisect to figure out which change is causing the
problem.

I think that AMD made a big change to the fam14 support that isn't in
the EDK. That would be where we should start looking.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com