[coreboot] Lenovo T60p 8742 Y19 - Black screen

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Nov 7 03:31:53 CET 2011

Matias Jose Seco wrote:
> builded on the native laptop through Gentoo installed on USB, from an
> amd64 (march=native) version:

Was your gcc and binutils built with USE=vanilla? If not, it is
completely possible that your toolchain produced a broken image.
I've had this happen with some gcc versions.

> Options chosen other than default:
> - Lenovo T60 (p)
> - Dont save config options

CMOS/NVRAM? That may need to be enabled for image to work.

> - mmx,smp,sse,sse2

How did you set this exactly?

> Could i do any further check to get the problem?

Get a docking station, port replicator or ultrabay superio module, so
that you get a serial port, and connect that to another computer.
coreboot should output debug information there when starting, and it
may be clear what the problem is.

Also, does it seem like the system boots? Is there some hard drive
access after you power on?

And, does caps lock work after you power on?

Finally, did you include a VGA BIOS into your coreboot.rom? This is
easiest done by configuring the filename in menuconfig. Note that
coreboot should not execute the VGA BIOS, the file should only be
added. You may need to change the defaults for this.

//Peter