[coreboot] coreboot filter for skinflint

Markus Kübler markus_kubler at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 15:47:20 CEST 2011

Hallo again,
http://www.skinflint.co.uk  => price comparison for United Kingdom

http://www.geizhals.at      => Preisvergleich für Österreich
http://www.gh.de            => Preisvergleich für Deutschland
http://www.geizhals.eu      => price comparison EU
http://cenowarka.pl         => price comparison for Poland

I did write them a mail with my proposal, and they denied it for the
time being because so very few //currently purchasable// models are
supported by coreboot that a filter does not make sense at the moment.

Well, they have a point. May idea was, that I accidentally stumbled upon
the ASRock E350M1 being supported, something I would never have
expected, because I new there was more support for elder hardware, then
for new one. I would have liked to put this information more into the
foreground, so people don't miss it. It is awesome!

Bottom line:
As soon as more //currently purchasable// models are supported by
coreboot gh would be interested to implement such a filter.

And they probably would check
http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards themselves and update
their database as DD-WRT is not supplying them with information. So no
effort here.

Regards
Markus