[coreboot] Alternate for serial port debug messages

Andrew Goodbody andrew.goodbody at tadpole.com
Mon May 16 11:50:10 CEST 2011

Vikram Narayanan wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Andrew Goodbody
>> <andrew.goodbody at tadpole.com> wrote:
>>> Vikram Narayanan wrote:
> ok. I am planning to buy one. Please share your thoughs on which one to buy.

NET20DC, it is the simplest, the cheapest by far and will work.

> In the links(in wiki page), it is mentioned that,
> === from the link (http://www.ajaystech.com/net20dc.htm)
> System Requirements
>
>     Target Computer: Windows Vista and later OS
>     Host Computer: Windows 2000 and later OS
> ===
> Does this mean anything? or this stuff can also be used for boot time
> debugging (coreboot) ?

It is only relevant for debugging Windows using the kernel debugger, as
that is not what you are doing you can ignore those requirements.
As for debugging coreboot I believe that it is supposed to work but I
have not tried it myself so cannot tell you how functional the support
actually is.

Andrew