[coreboot] Win7 on Intel Eagle Heights

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Sat May 14 03:21:51 CEST 2011

On 5/13/11 8:57 AM, Thomas JOURDAN wrote:
> I'm trying to get Windows 7 booting on my Intel Eagle Heights
> evaluation board. I tried to follow all the ACPI tips to get Window$
> to boot but I can't figure out the bug I'm facing. I'm using a checked
> build version of Win 7 64-bits. When I start the installer, the first
> text screen is ok (windows is copying files...) then it switches to
> graphics mode (green progress bar with logo). Less than a second after
> switching from text to graphics mode : BSOD.

Hi Thomas,

Looks like Windows 7 crashes in the "Windows Driver Foundation" with an
illegal memory access. Possibly this is due to an incomplete ACPI
implementation for the board.

Please have a look at the kontron/986lcd-m ACPI code for a modular
sample implementation that can boot Windows 7 and
http://www.coreboot.org/ACPI for more information on ACPI and ACPI
debugging.

Stefan