[coreboot] Hackaton in Prague 2011

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Mon May 9 19:14:01 CEST 2011

Am 09.05.2011 14:18, schrieb Graeme Russ:
>  - Formalising the u-boot payload API. For example ELF/binary,
> compressed/raw, passing memory size, temporary stack location, relocation,
> transition from u-boot back to coreboot
compressed/raw is nothing the payload needs to concern itself with with
coreboot.

Transitioning back to coreboot doesn't happen (what for?), though we
have bayou which allows handling multiple payloads with proper exit
semantics.

memory size is in cbtable, payloads are ELF by convention (worst case
would be to objcopy a binary uboot image into ELF to use that), stack
location and relocation are payload matters (ie. nothing coreboot cares
about), though optional relocation support might be provided by
libpayload in the not too far future.

>  - Can u-boot piggy-back on SeaBIOS loaded by coreboot?
In the context of coreboot: why?

>  - Can we move more hardware init and drivers from coreboot into u-boot and
> provide more commands in u-boot for coreboot supported boards
Code duplication? *shudder*

>  - VGA & Keyboard support
>  - U-Boot splash screen support
libpayload