[coreboot] [commit] r6554 - trunk/src/cpu/intel/model_6ex

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue May 3 22:33:19 CEST 2011

* Sven Schnelle <svens at stackframe.org> [110503 21:41]:
> Stefan Reinauer <stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org> writes:
> > Can you do a new analysis on where the boot time goes now? It would be
> > nice to see if there are more optimizations we can do...
>
> Will do. But right now i have the problem that the Keyboard isn't
> working on cold boot - seabios is probably started so early that some
> hardware parts are not finished with reset or similar things.
>
> Just enabling debug output in coreboot slows down things enough to
> make the Keyboard working again.

Does just putting in a delay of some 100ms fix the issue, too? Do you do
keyboard init in coreboot? Did you do it before?
Just want to make sure there are no side effects coming in through
debugging. However, having an EC/SuperIO that needs more than 200ms to boot up
does not sound too unlikely.

> The original Vendor BIOS talks after around ~1s to the Keyboard
> controller, so that's quite different to coreboot (coreboot is handing
> over to seabios after ~200ms)

Getting through all of coreboot in as little as 200ms? This is totally
awesome!

> So i want to figure out first if there's some
> 'i-finished-reset-you-can-talk-to-me' flag, or if that problem is caused
> by another reason.

Does the keyboard init code get any type of timeout?

Stefan