[coreboot] [GSoC] Coreboot Spice Payload

Leandro Dorileo ldorileo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:58:06 CET 2011

Hi Hao

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Hao Li <lihao at mprc.pku.edu.cn> wrote:
> Hi Leandro,
>
> I think a simple picture describing your idea would definitely help people understand the benefit of integrating Spice into coreboot. I am not saying Spice should not be integrated into coreboot, since the coreboot's payload mechanism allows you to integrate whatever applications you want to.

Ok, no problem. I understand your questions constructively. I have
mentioned in another email that I`m improving/writing the original
text I posted in the first email.

> BTW, I am still confused about your description on "really poor piece of hardware". What piece of hardware are you referring to? If the hardware is so poor, then how could that hardware support Spice? Even the RDP, a remote rendering protocol as your saying, requires hardware with at least several hundreds of MHZ frequency if you want to have a comfortable experience. But I think this is ok since even current mobile internet devices are capable of running complex software stacks.

By "really poor piece of hardware" I mean the minimal, i.e. a board
only with ethernet, vga and serial, no storage, low memory and
processor.

Regards...

--
Leandro Dorileo