[coreboot] [RFC] integrating the Wiki into the source repository (was: Wiki access for Marshall)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 21 11:31:58 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, den 21.06.2011, 11:10 +0200 schrieb Patrick Georgi:
> Am 21.06.2011 um 10:54 schrieb Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
>  >:
> >
> >> Also, a wiki account would be nice if possible.
> >
> >        »If you don't have an account and wish to contribute contact
> >        Stefan Reinauer or Ronald Minnich …« [1]
> Long term idea:
> What about moving our Wiki to our source repo (ikiwiki allows SCMs in
> the backend), eg using the Documentation/ hierarchy for the website.

The URL of ikiwiki [1].

> That way, no account is needed for submissions as gerrit handles them.
>
> Also: No web stuff needed for updates, code & docs are closer...

I very much do like that idea. I cannot judge how up to date the current
Wiki is. But I guess there is a lot of old stuff in there. Being able to
update the Wiki/documentation right away with code commits seems simpler
and reviewers can demand such changes from code authors.

It will of course be a one time effort to create the initial
structure/layout and to port the existing Wiki over.

Just to be clear, Web edits would still be possible [2].

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://ikiwiki.info/
[2] http://ikiwiki.info/ikiwiki.cgi?page=index&do=edit