[coreboot] Questions about CBFS

Hamo hamo.by at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:50:33 CEST 2011

Dear list,
Hi all. Here I come again. ^_^ This time, There are 2 questions about CBFS.
1. When we create the rom file, we covert all address and size from
LSB to MSB using htonl, and when we use them in the rom, we covert
them to LSB. Why we do this? Is it necessary or historical or
something else? Since ARM don't have an instruction like BSWAP in X86
(or I don't know it), it is not easy to covert a register from LSB to
MSB or vice versa.
2. What's the purpose of tryharder in src/arch/x86/lib/walkcbfs.S? In
my opinion, After we found a 'LARCHIVE', we can just compare the name
with the target name. If they are the same, OK, we got it and we can
jump to it, If not, we should jump to searchfile to find the next CBFS
component.

Thanks,
Hamo