[coreboot] [ANN] New code repository and development workflow

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:00:59 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2011, 18:38 -0400 schrieb Gregg Levine:
>> >
>> > I'm not sure why you get this error.
>> >
>> > I can successfully clone using the exact same command.
>> >
>> > I can however also confirm that I get a HTTP 403 error on the URL
>> > shown in the error message. I guess the version of Git that you are
>> > using requests different things from the server than my version.
>> >
>> > I am using version 1.7.4.1 with success. Which version are you using?
>> >
>> > If your Git version is older than 1.6.6 then please upgrade to a
>> > version >= 1.6.6, since that version gained significant performance
>> > improvements specifically when using HTTP.
>
>> Peter the system that everything is hosted on, is wearing version
>> 1.6.1.3 and the test system (same distribution) is wearing 1.7.1.
>
> Is it working for you using Git 1.7.1?
>
> […]
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Hello!
And here we are. I've successfully built the version of git that Peter
and I were discussing both here, and in a separate but related thread.

And then found in my bash history cycle the original problem that
caused this thread. It worked and the problem is gone.

The one question that remains is one of, how do I go about updating a
properly cloned download from a git repository?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com