[coreboot] Linux and distribution versions and installed tools

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 03:29:23 CEST 2011

Hello!
Peter you are correct regarding how to upgrade a package for
Slackware. I've done it several times on every single release I've
run.

However I believe the libraries that the version of Git we now need
for Coreboot, are some what advanced versus the ones for the version
that was installed on my development (regular system). I've gone ahead
and downloaded the source for both Git, and the compression tool
needed to extract the supplied source code. Naturally my tools to make
the package are appropriate for the distribution version on it, and
not for the test system.

I first created the compression tool that the tar file would need to
use to extract that source tar file.

So to make the package, I then extracted the regular tar file from
what was supplied, and compressed it using the normal Gzip one. Then
from there it was a simple step to run the script file to make the
package. Of course it complained that the regular git program was
installed. I removed it, and started all over again. The package is
still being made. The system is still at work making the package.

Group we need to set up a page which states the absolute minimum
needed for the tools to work to retrieve things.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com