[coreboot] [ANN] New code repository and development workflow

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jun 6 00:59:56 CEST 2011

Gregg Levine wrote:
> >> What would prompt this to happen?
> >> root at jimkirk2:/usr/src/lobos# git clone http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot
> >> Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/src/lobos/coreboot/.git/
> >> fatal: http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot/info/refs download error
> >> - The requested URL returned error: 403
..
> > I guess the version of Git that you are
> > using requests different things from the server than my version.
..
> Peter the system that everything is hosted on, is wearing version
> 1.6.1.3 and the test system (same distribution) is wearing 1.7.1.

I understand. Version 1.6.1.3 is from February 2009, so is rather
old.

> I am making plans, perhaps further decisions to upgrade to that
> release. There are specific issues involved with doing so as all
> of us can imagine.
> (I'm running Slackware Linux here.)

It might be possible for you to upgrade only the git package, without
needing to upgrade the full distribution.

When I ran Slackware I could download a newer package, such as:

http://slackware.mirrors.easynews.com/linux/slackware/slackware-13.37/slackware/d/git-1.7.4.4-i486-1.txz

And then simply run

upgradepkg git-1.7.4.4-i486-1.txz

But I do not know if this still works. Could be worth a try!

//Peter