[coreboot] [ANN] New code repository and development workflow

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jun 6 00:32:05 CEST 2011

Gregg Levine wrote:
> What would prompt this to happen?
> root at jimkirk2:/usr/src/lobos# git clone http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot
> Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/src/lobos/coreboot/.git/
> fatal: http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot/info/refs download error
> - The requested URL returned error: 403
> root at jimkirk2:/usr/src/lobos#

I'm not sure why you get this error.

I can successfully clone using the exact same command.

I can however also confirm that I get a HTTP 403 error on the URL
shown in the error message. I guess the version of Git that you are
using requests different things from the server than my version.

I am using version 1.7.4.1 with success. Which version are you using?

If your Git version is older than 1.6.6 then please upgrade to a
version >= 1.6.6, since that version gained significant performance
improvements specifically when using HTTP.

//Peter