[coreboot] Questions about the resource allocator of PCI

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:42:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Hamo <hamo.by at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IORESOURCE_IO? MMIO is memory.
> Yes. But I want to map all PCI devices' IO address to this address
> space. So I set it to IORESOURCE_IO.

Does ARM have an IO instructions, in and out? I think it is MMIO so
this is the wrong type.

> Are these devices on the PCI bus or on
>> the root bus?
> They are PCI devices and on the PCI bus.
>> I am not certain how the allocator handles root vs PCI,
>> which is why I ask. For x86 the CPUs APIC area is reserved and not on
>> the PCI bus.

If the devices are on the PCI bus, they should have PCI headers. If
they are directly on the root bus, they don't and you can reserve the
space there. There is an assumed top of memory for PCI BUS of
0xF0000000 that you may need to adjust or make an option.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com