[coreboot] Asus E35M1-M PRO Fusion AMD E-350 APU

Oliver Schinagl oliver at schinagl.nl
Sat Jul 23 18:04:15 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I'm currently eyeing the ASUS E35M1-M PRO Fusion AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz,
Dual-Core) AMD Hudson M1 Micro AT over at newegg and was wondering if
any coreboot compatibility is known.

I saw in the supported motherboards section that the asrock (the budget
section of asus?) does have a E350 based board that is supported, so
hopes are good for now :)

Recently amd announced they'd support all future CPU's starting with ..
I forgot, but how well is this setup to be supported in, say a year from
now?

I'm experienced with linux, and not scared of flashing, compiling and
testing. I (will soon) have jtag and other flashing capabilities using
bus-pirate and bus-blaster boards. I don't know if this board has dual
bios or swapable bios, as the only swapable chip is a little 8 leggeded
chip (doubt that's the 32MB flash). The current bios is UEFI based though.

Any thoughts/idea's?